Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The ties that bind.

I walked into my papa's hospital room on Monday while him and his roommate were talking about ways he could walk down the aisle at my wedding. They figured a walker would be best. Turns out he does better with a cane. I told him as long as he was there...rolling, walking I DIDN'T care.

He's doing well. Still making physical progress daily. Its hard to say what/if anything mentally has changed.

We talk often about my sister having her baby. This always leads to me being next. He put his request in for a boy. I'll see what I can do.

Besides working and visiting papa, my life consists of attempts at a good night's sleep and exercise. I have a Pilate's session with a personal instructor once a week. He's pretty hilarious. The rest of the time I go to All star Fitness downtown. I HIGHLY recommend it. "The skinny one" in my family, as my grandma calls her, has been coaching me on her diet secrets. While I am not convinced they are all healthy I am trying to combine hers with the pointers I've gotten from my nutritionist. We'll see what happens :)

I don't know if this happens to every bride to be but I've entered the nightmare stage before the wedding. I mean that literally. I have nightmares about the wedding day weekly...from forgetting to get my hair done to losing Mark's ring to not having a dress... Its crazy!

All of this to say LIFE IS CRAZY. but most of us in my family are managing quite well. For those that aren't...we're scheming on the best options for them!

No comments: