Tuesday, February 10, 2009

R & B Saturdays. GIRLS only.

I had this idea that I hope some day comes to be. It will be a group of friends, women only, Saturday mornings. We'll run (or walk or jog), we'll chat, and we'll eat breakfast together; a different restaurant/cafe each week. Coffee shops when we're saving money or short on time. Maybe even go to each other's houses for food some weeks.


I miss having girl friends around so much! I didn't realize how important they were to me... it was easy to miss all that with how busy the last year has been. Working, commuting, wedding stuff, family stuff... truly enjoying my few friends came very rarely.


I miss the days of roommates! Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love living with my husband but I look back to roommate days with great fondness. I talked to one of my most favorite roommates today... Sarah. She's about to have her third baby..very exciting. We only see each other a few times a year but its always great to see her. Her,Rachel, and I had a fun time living in Soundview. One of my most vivid memories for some reason is decorating for the holidays.. we had this red checkered table cloth and a really good smelling candle. I remember the smell of our apartment. It was so comforting... We used to come at the end of our day and debrief. Literally not leave out a detail. It was great. We continued that when Miriam moved in as well. I loved it.. I think that's what I miss the most. Just sharing all the silly details of life with my friends!


Someday I'll find a friend or two to make R & B Saturdays happen. :) Every woman needs other women to talk out all this grown up stuff..marriage, children, work, faith... Well maybe not everyone but I sure do.

I am so thankful to my best friend Karyn... we still talk regularly even though I've moved. She's the best!!

No comments: