
A couple of times a week for one of my outings I go to a near by coffee shop to read while enjoying a cappuccino. I am currently reading "Marley and Me." It made me cry IN PUBLIC. I suppose it could bring anyone to tears because most people can identify with loving and losing a pet. I spent a lot of my growing up years with a lab like Marley in appearance but very different in personality, Luke was always well behaved! Thankfully he is still alive but getting older with a few health problems... He's pictured above. I love him. He's definitely the best dog I have ever known! My hope is he'll still be around the next time I visit home.
Anyway..before I cry again! My coffee shop trips are a way to get out of the house for awhile that doesn't involve a run or a trip to the grocery store. I enjoy these little trips and hope someday to have a friend instead of a book. I have yet to see anyone else enjoy a cup of coffee on their own. Its groups of people, women and their kids, men it what appear to be meetings, women chatting about life (can't help but overhear sometimes!)... and then me, all by my lonesome! Someday... Its hard to get anyone to do anything here without it revolving around drinks that are not coffee related. Its all about the pub and a pint. Neither interest me. I guess I am a true American from Seattle...I long to meet for a cup of coffee or a green tea, I feel at home when there is a Starbucks near by!
I am slowly adjusting you could say. I've grown accustomed to hours of alone time. It no longer makes me AS depressed spending hours thinking. Its actually given me some time to sort through feelings I didn't have time to previously. Some of these good feelings..other not so good but both being dealt with!
I am also quite possibly the most well rested person in the UK. I sleep 8-10 hours a night just because I can. I no longer require naps. If you know me at all you know naps are my favorite thing. Now I am rarely tired because besides exercise I don't have much to do. With 8-10 hours of sleep a night even a long run is followed by loads of energy left for my slow day. I truly look forward to being busy again! And I promise you I will not miss these days. Some people think I am living the life but I promise you I am NOT. There are a few perks of course but overall I'd rather be working and surrounded by people! Until then.. I just don't have many interesting things to say. SOMEDAY I believe I will.

No comments:
Post a Comment