Wednesday, May 14, 2008

LIFE or something like it.


We went to the Puyallup Spring Fair. This completely unflattering picture was taken while we were on The Scrambler. It was fun day but soooo cold!
I like the happiness on our faces.
I've been thinking a lot lately about growing up and the way it affected my eating habits today. I had a stepdad who thought any time I was in a bad mood it meant that I must be hungry. I even recall a time when my family was driving around one evening and he literally threw a McDonalds cheese burger at me in the backseat and told me to eat it. I think this one situation and many more like it were part of the reason it took me a long time to feel hunger or fullness. I also come from a family that just likes to eat something because its good. NOT because we're hungry. My cousin and I were at my grandparents one day years ago and my grandma came in and asked us if we were hungry. We both said no then she said "would you like a crab coctail?" and we quickly said yes.
I do not consider myself an emotional eater fully but I think I have some aspects of that. I also am very guilty of eating just because its good- especially when it comes to dessert!
This week I have been trying to focus on how I feel at different times of the day in regards to eating. I tend to do really well all day- especially at work. Its dinner time thats the hardest for me.
Crazy Crazy.. will write again soon.

No comments: