Looks like there won't be a work permit at this point. Vision Therapy is not a graduate level program and does not have a high enough salary to qualify! So at this point I am stuck in the US! I was pretty devastated at first. The doctor in England is giving it another go saying we have a special circumstance because there are no trained vision therapists in the UK so there is still a tiny chance I'll be able to go. However, if I am going for training purposes I imagine it will be a short stay. There is a chance Mark will be able to spend another 3 months working here but we are still unsure of this. Its only been 3 days since we found out the bad news so we're trying to find anything that gives us even an ounce of hope that soon we'll NOT be long distance!
There are a few little things that have been OK about being long distance. One is that we never take for granted the time we do have together and two would be that seeing each other is always a new adventure. We either go to each other's countries which for us is a new experience, had I not met Mark I would have never seen Spain or England. We are planning on meeting up in New York soon as well. It's like really expensive long dates that are few and far between! We look forward to just spending time together doing nothing. We just want to get together after a long day of work and watch TV or cook some dinner...its all been very extravagant but we're ready for simple :)

1 comment:
I think that it is great that you have a blog, Jessie! I hope that the VISA works out. I'll be thinking of you. My blog is www.rhinoverseas.blogspot.com. Talk to you soon!
Post a Comment