Yes, I know I'm married. I shouldn't be going on blind dates but this is just too perfect a situation. The world has gotten smaller. A friend of Mark's family stopped by yesterday to tell me he had just met someone who lives in the next town/village (not sure what it is technically) who is from Portland! She has been here since January and her boyfriend works in Bristol a few hours away- the same place Mark was going until about two weeks ago. She too has been living in isolation. So we connected and went out last night for some Chianti and lots of chatting! It was wonderful to meet someone who knows where I am coming from and TALKS just like me!
I am now 27 years old. This is me on my birthday.

To my dismay I found a couple gray hairs on my head that morning! I was NOT pleased. I baked myself some chocolate chip cupcakes and then a few of us went out for a meal. I had my favorite english dish- fish pie! It was an overall good day but I missed home as usual. Burt was here which helped a little! The day after we walked up Pendle hill. Here are Burt and Mark at the top.

Burt returned to Chester and Mark and I did a little more exploring the next day. We didn't do so well on choosing a place to go but it was still an experience. We went to a very sorry excuse for a beach...check it out. Behind me.

Besides this fun little birthday weekend and meeting my new american friend life has been the same. I still make toast, coffee, and cocktails for a living. We're still awaiting our next location. I am ever so anxious to get home for a couple reasons...
This is Elly Faith Mirante. My best friend just had her on Tuesday!
And Luke..Our dog growing up isn't doing so well. I'd really like to be home to see this loyal friend of mine who I LOVE so much!

No comments:
Post a Comment